Electricity Usage 13/03/2017 - 13/03/2018
Energy usage recorded every half hour for primary and high school campuses in Dundee City. Data is given for gas and electricity and is the summation of readings taken from one or more meters within individual schools.
- To consider when looking at energy usage for individual schools:
- School buildings and facilities vary considerably. Some schools have older buildings which limit their options for becoming more efficient. Some schools have have higher usage because they have swimming pools or other facilities that others do not.
- School sizes differ greatly, as do the number of attending pupils and staff.
- Schools may be used during the evening and weekends for other after-school clubs, community activities and events. They may also be used in the mornings for breakfast clubs.
- Weather conditions can also impact the amount of energy used by the school over the course of a day or week.
- These factors can change the energy usage profile of the school.